Sunday, April 10, 2011

Played a maiden after 10 years: Virendra Sehwag


Explosive opener Virender Sehwag said that this was the first time in the last 10 years that he played a maiden over. The Delhi opener played 6 deliveries of fiery pacer Lasith Malinga without scoring a run in their game against Mumbai Indians at Delhi. 

                "Yes, I think after 10 years I played a maiden today. It was a plan. We lost two wickets so I thought let me play Malinga because others may not be able to pick him. We have 10 debutants in Delhi squad and it will take a little time for us to come together," Sehwag said. 
              The Daredevils, playing their first game in the tournament folded for a mere 95 runs thanks to a splendid bowling display by Malinga, who ended up with a five wicket haul. 
"A 140-150 is a good total here, but everything went Mumbai's way." 
                However, the Delhi skipper was confident the team will do better in their future games. "We have a good bowling unit and fielding. I am the only one who have played in the last three IPL. I am sure we will come good in the coming matches," he said. 

No comments:

Post a Comment